Bad performance when changing JDK from 1.4.2_06 to 1.4.2_10
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   dirk_cieszynski
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 18, 2006 04:59 AM

Hi all, I have a performance problem since changing JDK to 1.4.2_10. I use on server side the java.security.* package to generate RSA key pairs (max. 5 pairs). After generation I serialize a "security context" with the public key to the client. The client makes an authentification and serializes back the context to the server. The server and the client uses a jar "server_client.jar" which is signed and scrambled. This procedure takes 1-3 seconds with JDK 1.4.2_06. With JDK 1.4.2_10 the procedure takes up to 70 seconds !!! When i use the same jar and JDK 1.4.2_10, but not signed and scrambled it will take 3-8 seconds ?!?!? Has anyone the same problem or a    More>>

Hi all,

I have a performance problem since changing JDK to 1.4.2_10.
I use on server side the java.security.* package to generate RSA key pairs (max. 5 pairs).
After generation I serialize a "security context" with the public key to the client.
The client makes an authentification and serializes back the context to the server.

The server and the client uses a jar "server_client.jar" which is signed and scrambled.

This procedure takes 1-3 seconds with JDK 1.4.2_06.
With JDK 1.4.2_10 the procedure takes up to 70 seconds !!!
When i use the same jar and JDK 1.4.2_10, but not signed and scrambled it will take 3-8 seconds ?!?!?

Has anyone the same problem or a solution ???

With kind regards

Dirk

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact