Java programming not available aspect of this eclipse installation?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alex_Dreadd
Posted On:   Sunday, October 15, 2006 02:55 PM

I'm familiar with Eclipse from other computers, but I just recently installed Ecplise 3.2 on my new comp as per the website into a fresh folder called C:Program FilesEclipse. I run it with workspace C:JavaWork and it seems happy and opens up with the welcome screen. I click the X button of the welcome screen so as to go right to my workbench. Now I notice something peculiar - half of the buttons up top are missing - mostly the ones pertinent to Java. I start up a new project with a new file and call it Test.java, and code up a basic hello world in a public static void main, and then right click as usual, Run As, and I do not see "Java application" or anything along those lines as I usually would. I have java 1.5 and javac 1.   More>>

I'm familiar with Eclipse from other computers, but I just recently installed Ecplise 3.2 on my new comp as per the website into a fresh folder called C:Program FilesEclipse. I run it with workspace C:JavaWork and it seems happy and opens up with the welcome screen. I click the X button of the welcome screen so as to go right to my workbench.

Now I notice something peculiar - half of the buttons up top are missing - mostly the ones pertinent to Java. I start up a new project with a new file and call it Test.java, and code up a basic hello world in a public static void main, and then right click as usual, Run As, and I do not see "Java application" or anything along those lines as I usually would.

I have java 1.5 and javac 1.5 installed and in my computer's PATH variable. What else should I be doing to get Eclipse to work with Java as it is supposed to? I never had trouble like this on other computers when I installed Eclipse 3.2.

Windows XP Home, SP 2

-Alex

<<Less

Re: Java programming not available aspect of this eclipse installation?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, October 16, 2006 09:18 AM

Ensure that you installed the SDK and not only the Eclipse Platform. (Help | About | Feature Details --> must contain the Feature named "Eclipse Java Development Tools").
About | Sitemap | Contact