Bluetooth MIDlets on PDA
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dave_Richards
Posted On:   Thursday, September 28, 2006 05:18 AM

I have developed some bluetooth enabled MIDlets that execute perfectly on Nokia 6680 and Nokia 6630. However I would like to get the MIDlets to run on a Dell Axim X51v. I have installed the J9 VM standard version. I tried downloading the trial version of Atinav SDk and copied the jar file to the ext directory of the VM library. However testing the MIDlet the same day I downloaded the jar file gave me an error saying the trial period has elapsed. I have tried contacting the company on this and as yet have heard nothing from them. I have also tried Avetana, but again had go success. Surely somebody out their has got a a Bluetooth Enabled MIDlet running on a PocketPC (WM5), and would be deli   More>>

I have developed some bluetooth enabled MIDlets that execute perfectly on Nokia 6680 and Nokia 6630. However I would like to get the MIDlets to run on a Dell Axim X51v.

I have installed the J9 VM standard version.

I tried downloading the trial version of Atinav SDk and copied the jar file to the ext directory of the VM library.

However testing the MIDlet the same day I downloaded the jar file gave me an error saying the trial period has elapsed.

I have tried contacting the company on this and as yet have heard nothing from them.

I have also tried Avetana, but again had go success.

Surely somebody out their has got a a Bluetooth Enabled MIDlet running on a PocketPC (WM5), and would be delighted if you could offer detailed instructions as to how you got this to work.

<<Less

Re: Bluetooth MIDlets on PDA

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:07 AM

Hello Mr Richards,

I am currently working in the same area but I guess I'm in the previous step. I tried to perform a bluetooth connection from a laptop/PDA to a cell phone (this is OK) using the Dial Up Networking profile and I would like to use this way to connect to the internet through GPRS in order to test some file download performances.
I was not able to make the second part of the job working so I had the idea of developping a midlet that would act as some kind of proxy: bluetooth connection with the laptop/PDA, receiving download requests, connecting the internet and performing the download, forwarding the downloaded data to the client through bluetooth. But I have only few information about the midlet development and I was wondering whether it would be possible for you to give my some code exmaple if they are not confidential from your side of course.

Best Regards,

Cedric

About | Sitemap | Contact