Testing a Message Driven Application
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tester_Junit
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 27, 2006 04:10 PM

I would like to get some suggestions on the test approach for unit and Integration testing for the below : Scenario - Multiple deployment request messages are generated by client and sent to the MessageService (Client service).Each message has an messagesender compoenent that sends the message and waits until the operation is complete. The MessageService (Client service) communicates through JMS with Deployment service to process the request The Deployment Service after processing the request sends the response back to Client. Test Approcah - Unit testing : Using Mockobjects (EasyMock) to test MessageService and Deployment Service [ Mocking JMS objects using EasyMock. That will helps us verify t   More>>

I would like to get some suggestions on the test approach for unit and Integration testing for the below :

Scenario -

Multiple deployment request messages are generated by client and sent to the MessageService (Client service).Each message has an messagesender compoenent that sends the message and waits until the operation is complete.

The MessageService (Client service) communicates through JMS with Deployment service to process the request The Deployment Service after processing the request sends the response back to Client.

Test Approcah -

Unit testing : Using Mockobjects (EasyMock) to test MessageService and Deployment Service [ Mocking JMS objects using EasyMock. That will helps us verify that correct JMS APIs are called] .

Refactor message processing logic into a seperate class and test it as a POJO.

Integration Testing : Using Cactus, Original JMS implementation to Test for right messages at the right queue.

Is this approach Right? Am I missing something here? What are the other things I should look for in Testing a Message Driven Application?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact