File download dialog via ajax/javascript
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mark_Torres
Posted On:   Thursday, August 31, 2006 03:57 PM

Is there a way to initiate a Save as Dialog using ajax? Here is my current scenario: I have a report viewer page(for JasperReports) that has 2 IFRAMES. This first IFrame is a visible IFRAME that has an inline pdf document displayed. A second IFRAME is hidden and is being set with a url which will allow export to different file formats(eg excel,pdf,csv,etc). This causes the Save as dialog to popup when the appropriate export button is clicked. This setup works perfectly in firefox. However, in IE, as soon as the save as dialog appears, the inline pdf disappears. Is there a way to implement this functionality without opening up a new window. Your help will be greatly appreciated.    More>>

Is there a way to initiate a Save as Dialog using ajax?

Here is my current scenario:

I have a report viewer page(for JasperReports) that has 2 IFRAMES. This first IFrame is a visible IFRAME that has an inline pdf document displayed. A second IFRAME is hidden and is being set with a url which will allow export to different file formats(eg excel,pdf,csv,etc). This causes the Save as dialog to popup when the appropriate export button is clicked. This setup works perfectly in firefox. However, in IE, as soon as the save as dialog appears, the inline pdf disappears.

Is there a way to implement this functionality without opening up a new window.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact