The correct way to work with views and editors
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Miquel_Beltran
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 30, 2006 03:24 AM

I'm developing an application using the Eclipse RCP. My application is going to be one kind of network-hardware manager, with a list of the hardware on the left and the monitor page of the selected machines on the center. I have created a prespective and I'm using a view for working with the hardware list (a treeviewer) but I'm wondering how can I program the Propierties page. I've tryed to use a view for that, but every view seems to be "unique" as the way I have to declare it in the plugin manifest, so I cannot have different pieces of hardware. So I think the correct way is to use an editor, exactly multi-page editors, that was my first idea. Problem is that I cannot find the way to open the editor page.    More>>

I'm developing an application using the Eclipse RCP. My application is going to be one kind of network-hardware manager, with a list of the hardware on the left and the monitor page of the selected machines on the center.

I have created a prespective and I'm using a view for working with the hardware list (a treeviewer) but I'm wondering how can I program the Propierties page.

I've tryed to use a view for that, but every view seems to be "unique" as the way I have to declare it in the plugin manifest, so I cannot have different pieces of hardware. So I think the correct way is to use an editor, exactly multi-page editors, that was my first idea. Problem is that I cannot find the way to open the editor page.

What do you think about? Wich will be the correct way to program this?

Miquel

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact