Directory not locked!(Which should have been locked by default).
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rabin_Karki
Posted On:   Friday, August 25, 2006 06:30 AM

I am using Lucene.Net, which has been ported to .NET from Java. My problem is that when I create a IndexWriter instance then according to the documentations it should lock the index it is using. and when another IndexWriter is tried to be instantiated in the same directory (before the first instance is closed), then there should be an IOException. But I am not getting any exceptions. The second instance of the IndexWriter just gets access to the everything and simply overwrites the files created by first instance. I checked the same issue in Java and there IOException is thrown. could you please tell me what the problem is ,here in C#? Is it due to the mistakes during porting or I am doing something wrong? Expecti   More>>

I am using Lucene.Net, which has been ported to .NET from Java. My problem is that when I create a IndexWriter instance then according to the documentations it should lock the index it is using. and when another IndexWriter is tried to be instantiated in the same directory (before the first instance is closed), then there should be an IOException.

But I am not getting any exceptions. The second instance of the IndexWriter just gets access to the everything and simply overwrites the files created by first instance.

I checked the same issue in Java and there IOException is thrown.

could you please tell me what the problem is ,here in C#? Is it due to the mistakes during porting or I am doing something wrong?

Expecting the answer...

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact