dcsimg
Internet explorer gets hanged when form on main window gets submited at the time of closing a popup window.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ajay_Dalvi
Posted On:   Monday, August 21, 2006 09:19 AM

hi all, I am facing following problem There is mainWindow.jsp which is having "ok" image. On click of which popupWindo.jsp is opened in new window through javascript function showPopupWindow. Contents of the showPopupWindow function are as follows: function showPopupWindow(){ popUpWindow=window.open(url,"popupWindow","resizable=0,width=817,height=525,left=115,top=125,screenX=150,screenY=180,status=1,scrollbars=yes"); } On onfocus event of mainWindow.jsp java script function checkPopupWindowStatus is called. Contents of the checkPopupWindowStatus function are as follows: f   More>>

hi all,

I am facing following problem

There is mainWindow.jsp which is having "ok" image. On click of which popupWindo.jsp is opened in new window through javascript function showPopupWindow.

Contents of the showPopupWindow function are as follows:

function showPopupWindow(){
popUpWindow=window.open(url,"popupWindow","resizable=0,width=817,height=525,left=115,top=125,screenX=150,screenY=180,status=1,scrollbars=yes");

}

On onfocus event of mainWindow.jsp java script function checkPopupWindowStatus is called.

Contents of the checkPopupWindowStatus function are as follows:

function checkPopupWindowStatus() {

if(popUpWindow!=null)

if(!popUpWindow.closed)

popUpWindow.focus();

}

Now main problem is. When I close the popupWindow. I have given a call to the main window which will refresh the main window.

When refresh of the main window gets happened, Internet explorer gets hanged.

I have debug the problem and found that it is getting hanged because of the code in checkPopupWindowStatus().

I have tried to put some alert messages in this function. In that case it works fine.But as soon as i removed those alerts from function checkPopupWindowStatus, it is not working.

Can some please tell me what will be the problem.

-Ajay

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact