Client IP address
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   k_v
Posted On:   Saturday, August 12, 2006 01:34 PM

Hello all, I have my personal website designed in html, javascript and dhtml. Thats all I have. I have no way to add additional scripting capabilities. I have a requirement where I need to get the IP address of the client who accessed my web page and have that ip address e-mailed to me. I dont wanna use "mailto" or a form page that uses "mailto" after submitting the form. I wanna have the IP address e-mailed or sent to me without clients notice. If we use "mailto" the client knows about it. So once any client/person types the home page name in the address bar and hits enter, the script should send me an e-mail or message of some sort without the clients notice and just continue. Is there a way to    More>>

Hello all,

I have my personal website designed in html, javascript and dhtml. Thats all I have. I have no way to add additional scripting capabilities.

I have a requirement where I need to get the IP address of the client who accessed my web page and have that ip address e-mailed to me. I dont wanna use "mailto" or a form page that uses "mailto" after submitting the form. I wanna have the IP address e-mailed or sent to me without clients notice. If we use "mailto" the client knows about it. So once any client/person types the home page name in the address bar and hits enter, the script should send me an e-mail or message of some sort without the clients notice and just continue.

Is there a way to acheive this? Any code examples would be great.

Thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact