NetBeans GUI question.
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jacob_edwards
Posted On:   Friday, August 11, 2006 12:18 AM

Hello,

I am a novice java programmer. I want to build GUIs using netbeans drag and drop features and then build the rest of the application with a text editor. Could someone tell me how to do that? When I tried to compile the .java file made by netbeans from a command prompt it gave me an error: package org.jdesktop.layout.GroupLayout does not exist . Is there a way to add this package so I can continue work on the gui with any editor?

Thanks in advance.

Re: NetBeans GUI question.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 26, 2006 08:22 AM

Hi

I have also faced the same problem. And I have found out that the required jar files are available in the netbeans IDE folders.

I have installed nebeans in C:ProgramFiles
etbeans-5.5beta2. And I have described below the paths of Swing Layout Jar file and Absolute Layout jar files.

C:ProgramFiles
etbeans-5.5beta2platform6modulesextswing-layout-1.0.jar

C:ProgramFiles
etbeans-5.5beta2ide7modulesextAbsoluteLayout.jar

Kindly note that in your system the actual path will be according to your netbeans installation.

Try and let me know if there are any problems.

R.Natarajan

Re: NetBeans GUI question.

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Friday, August 11, 2006 08:47 AM

Unfortunately (?) for novices, Netbeans does not disclose that the default layout manager it uses when you drag-and-drop a GUI is based on the SWT widget set, which is NOT a core Java component. You can either (1) tell netbeans to use a different layoutmanager instead of whatever that default is named, or you can (2) find the SWT jar file (don't ask me... I use Eclipse) and add that to your class path when you compile and/or run the application. I vote you do former, but that's a personal opinion, and yeah, you'll probably have to re-layout your frames/panels if you do.
About | Sitemap | Contact