NetBeans GUI question.
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View

Posted By:   jacob_edwards
Posted On:   Friday, August 11, 2006 12:18 AM

I am a novice java programmer. I want to build GUIs using netbeans drag and drop features and then build the rest of the application with a text editor. Could someone tell me how to do that? When I tried to compile the .java file made by netbeans from a command prompt it gave me an error: package org.jdesktop.layout.GroupLayout does not exist . Is there a way to add this package so I can continue work on the gui with any editor?

Thanks in advance.

Re: NetBeans GUI question.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 26, 2006 08:22 AM

I have also faced the same problem. And I have found out that the required jar files are available in the netbeans IDE folders.

I have installed nebeans in C:ProgramFiles
etbeans-5.5beta2. And I have described below the paths of Swing Layout Jar file and Absolute Layout jar files.

Kindly note that in your system the actual path will be according to your netbeans installation.

Try and let me know if there are any problems.

Re: NetBeans GUI question.

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Friday, August 11, 2006 08:47 AM

Unfortunately (?) for novices, Netbeans does not disclose that the default layout manager it uses when you drag-and-drop a GUI is based on the SWT widget set, which is NOT a core Java component. You can either (1) tell netbeans to use a different layoutmanager instead of whatever that default is named, or you can (2) find the SWT jar file (don't ask me... I use Eclipse) and add that to your class path when you compile and/or run the application. I vote you do former, but that's a personal opinion, and yeah, you'll probably have to re-layout your frames/panels if you do.
About | Sitemap | Contact