dcsimg
PAM & Java
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Guy_Harari
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 8, 2006 10:51 AM

Hello, I am currently implementing a java client-server application. Its server is running on a linux machine and all users connecting to it are linux users. I have to implement a login procedure using PAM standard authentication. I know how to authenticate a user using PAM when getting its details but my question is how can the client program send an encrypted password through the network so that the server will be able to authenticate the user using PAM. Can I do it without implementing a Kerberos (for example) client. (The problem is that the client program cannot authenticate users directly (the client might run on their own computers at home) and I am forbidden to keep some private database of passowrds or keys (for Kerberos etc.). Th   More>>

Hello,

I am currently implementing a java client-server application. Its server is running on a linux machine and all users connecting to it are linux users. I have to implement a login procedure using PAM standard authentication. I know how to authenticate a user using PAM when getting its details but my question is how can the client program send an encrypted password through the network so that the server will be able to authenticate the user using PAM. Can I do it without implementing a Kerberos (for example) client. (The problem is that the client program cannot authenticate users directly (the client might run on their own computers at home) and I am forbidden to keep some private database of passowrds or keys (for Kerberos etc.).

Thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact