dcsimg
How can I run Tomcat on my Web Hosts computer?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   3Pc_JKM
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:55 PM

Hi, I've devolped a servlet and applet to work on my local apache / tomcat server. I have written it using JBuilder 2006 and got the servlet packed into a war file. I now want to publish it to the web. Currently my web host is set up with Apache 1.3.36 (Unix), It doesn't appear that there is a tomcat server of any kind, nor anyway to get my servlet to run. My service provider can't help me with this. Do I have to install anything? Can I install tomcat on a web hosts computer remotely as the site admin? is apache 1.3.36 compatible with tomcat? Is there anything else I can do to get my servlet running or must I get another hosting package? Cheers!    More>>

Hi, I've devolped a servlet and applet to work on my local apache / tomcat server. I have written it using JBuilder 2006 and got the servlet packed into a war file.

I now want to publish it to the web. Currently my web host is set up with Apache 1.3.36 (Unix), It doesn't appear that there is a tomcat server of any kind, nor anyway to get my servlet to run.

My service provider can't help me with this.

Do I have to install anything? Can I install tomcat on a web hosts computer remotely as the site admin? is apache 1.3.36 compatible with tomcat?

Is there anything else I can do to get my servlet running or must I get another hosting package?

Cheers!

<<Less

Re: How can I run Tomcat on my Web Hosts computer?

Posted By:   tim_fox  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:21 AM

You will probably have to go to another hosting provider that will host JSP/Servlets or get a dedicated server hosting contract so you can load whatever you want. Dedicated servers are obviously more expensive, but you have (almost) complete control. I would be surprised if a standard hosting provider would allow you to start a listener on port 8080.

TGF

About | Sitemap | Contact