Applet and Database Connection !
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Sunday, June 25, 2006 03:39 AM

Dear all, I have an applet which is opened from an application written in PowerBuilder. Application is 1.Network application 2.Connecting to a database 3.Application contains an applet The applet is running with setting the class path to the client when applet is called with lots of jars necessary to run the applet,like database connectivity jar,custom class etc. Now i am assigned for migrating the application to web. And i want to know how i can achieve the applet to run in Web, with the class files loaded properly. I know programming in java but dont have idea about Applet Developement Please let me know h   More>>

Dear all,

I have an applet which is opened from an application written in PowerBuilder.

Application is

1.Network application

2.Connecting to a database

3.Application contains an applet

The applet is running with setting the class path to the client when applet is called with lots of jars necessary to run the applet,like database connectivity jar,custom class etc.

Now i am assigned for migrating the application to web.
And i want to know how i can achieve the applet to run in Web, with the class files loaded properly.

I know programming in java but dont have idea about Applet Developement

Please let me know how to do this

Thank you

Regards

Java2PB

<<Less

Re: Applet and Database Connection !

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, July 16, 2006 01:14 PM

Remember you'll have to sign the applet, deal with local security policy on the client machine, etc. if it is going to connect to a database on a server different than the one the applet is downloaded from.
About | Sitemap | Contact