Send a keys to Runtime.exec process
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, June 19, 2006 03:22 PM

Hi Gurus, This is my program. I want to send ctl+n key to the process. This program is going to run under unix console. I don't think so, awt.robot can support this. Any new ideas? --------------------------------------------------------- Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("run.sh"); PrintWriter out =new PrintWriter( p.getOutputStream()); //send the ctl+n key to the process int key = ctl+n; out.println( key ); out.flush(); --------------------------------------------------------- With love SAN    More>>

Hi Gurus,

This is my program. I want to send ctl+n key to the process. This program is going to run under unix console. I don't think so, awt.robot can support this.

Any new ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("run.sh");

PrintWriter out =new PrintWriter( p.getOutputStream());

//send the ctl+n key to the process

int key = ctl+n;

out.println( key );

out.flush();

---------------------------------------------------------

With love

SAN

<<Less

Re: Send a keys to Runtime.exec process

Posted On:   Monday, June 19, 2006 05:10 PM

check example 11-6 Example 11-6. Detecting the arrow keys
at http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/internal.html

That program, even though it just check for arrow keys, you can modify it echo ctrl+n key combination. That should give you the character code for ctrl+n key. Once you get that, try passing to the output stream of your program. I am hoping your process is coded to accept input.

Re: Send a keys to Runtime.exec process

Posted On:   Monday, June 19, 2006 04:55 PM

Sorry not a perfect solution, but i would suggest write a simple java program which accepts input from the console. Then press ctrl+n key and using read method of the input stream, check the byte value. Whatever that value would be, pass the same to the out stream in your code

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("run.sh");
PrintWriter out =new PrintWriter( p.getOutputStream());
//send the ctl+n key to the process
int key = ctl+n;
out.println( key ); // pass the byte value of ctrl+n found from the above java program
out.flush();
About | Sitemap | Contact