dcsimg
Document object back to the server with XMLHttpRequest.send()
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, May 29, 2006 05:29 PM

Hi, I'm having trouble when trying to send a DOM Document object back to the server with XMLHttpRequest.send(). Actually, the problem is quite simple : the XML doesnt' seem to get sent at all. On the server-side, I dont see anything in the request either in the headers (request.getHeader(), etc.), in the parameters (request.getParameters(), etc.) or in the body of the request (request.getReader()) as I supposed, and how I think the W3C specication for XMLHttpRequest is meant to be implemented. I'm running the test on the client-side with Firefox 1.5.0.3 (using the Prototype 1.5_rc0 AJAX library, but it's using Mozilla XMLHttpRequest quite plainly) and on the server-side with Tomcat 5.0.28 and Struts 1.2.7. Does anyone ever succeded in sending XML back t   More>>

Hi,

I'm having trouble when trying to send a DOM Document object back to the server with XMLHttpRequest.send(). Actually, the problem is quite simple : the XML doesnt' seem to get sent at all. On the server-side, I dont see anything in the request either in the headers (request.getHeader(), etc.), in the parameters (request.getParameters(), etc.) or in the body of the request (request.getReader()) as I supposed, and how I think the W3C specication for XMLHttpRequest is meant to be implemented. I'm running the test on the client-side with Firefox 1.5.0.3 (using the Prototype 1.5_rc0 AJAX library, but it's using Mozilla XMLHttpRequest quite plainly) and on the server-side with Tomcat 5.0.28 and Struts 1.2.7.

Does anyone ever succeded in sending XML back to the server on a Java server platform while using Firefox as a client?

Thanks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact