dcsimg
How to theming with Struts: tiles, jsf, ...?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   fran_pas
Posted On:   Monday, May 29, 2006 04:22 PM

My first page Hi all, Currently, I develop a system similar to a CMS, using Struts, Tiles, Spring & Hibernate. Like a CMS it has a zone where user can customize the appearance with themes. These themes are defined to be like Mambo or Joomla ones. In this way, each theme consists of a template (in html, jsp, or sth like that) wich defines the page layout and several css's, images as needed. The page layout could be like this: Hello world < Something more Some footer where myTagLibrary:insertContent renders the content requested. Later in the struts-config file I could have: Th   More>>
My first page

Hi all,
Currently, I develop a system similar to a CMS, using Struts, Tiles, Spring & Hibernate. Like a CMS it has a zone where user can customize the appearance with themes. These themes are defined to be like Mambo or Joomla ones. In this way, each theme consists of a template (in html, jsp, or sth like that) wich defines the page layout and several css's, images as needed.

The page layout could be like this:

Hello world
<
Something more
Some footer

where myTagLibrary:insertContent renders the content requested. Later in the struts-config file I could have:

The problem arises when I try to forward to a Tile, jsp, or any other "thing" that is varible depending on the current theme used.

How can I solve it? Have you ever face off this problem or something similar?

Thanks very much.    <<Less

Re: How to theming with Struts: tiles, jsf, ...?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, June 10, 2006 04:14 PM

I would perhaps forward to an action that had several different forwards defined for it, depending on your variables, and have it choose the appropriate one as the final destination, from some attributes in session scope.
About | Sitemap | Contact