Need help with JSP
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 23, 2006 08:43 AM

Hi, I have problems in passing the value around in JSP. I have two JSP pages as below: test1.jsp ----------------------------------------------------------- I try to get the vaule from my textbox by using: String strUser = request.getParameter ("strUserName"); Then i print out by using: out.print(strUser); then i can get the value and put on my page (For example, i get ABC on my page). ---------------------------------------------------------- test2.jsp --------------------------------------------------- Next, i want to get the value from strUser (which mean that the one i already display on p   More>>

Hi,

I have problems in passing the value around in JSP. I have two JSP pages as below:

test1.jsp

-----------------------------------------------------------

I try to get the vaule from my textbox by using:

String strUser = request.getParameter ("strUserName");

Then i print out by using: out.print(strUser); then i can get the value and put on my page (For example, i get ABC on my page).

----------------------------------------------------------

test2.jsp

---------------------------------------------------

Next, i want to get the value from strUser (which mean that the one i already display on page in test1.jsp, ABC) to insert into my table by using INSERT INTO statement. Then i try by using

String strUser1 = request.getParameter ("strUser");

Is it possbile for me to do that? I cannot get anything to insert into my table. Then i tried out.print(strUser1); then i found that i get NULL value.

Is it possible for me to do so?

Could you please give me some guidance?

Thanks you very much for any advise you may give me.

Kimsan

<<Less

Re: Need help with JSP

Posted By:   Byron_Tymvios  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:10 AM

Is your textbox on test1.jsp called strUserName? If so try replacing strUser in test2.jsp with strUserName.

Is your textbox also on test1.jsp? If so, you need to remember that JSP is a server side language and will only run once the client has submitted the page back to the server. Try getting the value from your textbox in test2.jsp by using request.getParameter("yourTextboxName"); I think this might solve your problem.

Hope this helps

Byron

About | Sitemap | Contact