dcsimg
How to embed tiff image in JSP page by passing Image location through javascript ?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Suganthi_Vasan
Posted On:   Thursday, May 18, 2006 07:18 AM

function submitpage() { alert(document.forms[0].image.value) document.forms[0].img.src=document.forms[0].image.value alert (document.forms[0].img.src) } ]]>]]> Hi all, I have a problem in displaying Tiff image in jsp page. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0 . I have installed Tiff Image plug-in from the site www.alternatiff.com. If the location of the image is given directly i can view the image. But through javascript function if I pass the location of the image to the embed tag src then it is not diplayed. i have posted the code: Image Location :    More>>

Hi all,

I have a problem in displaying Tiff image in jsp page. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0 . I have installed Tiff Image plug-in from the site www.alternatiff.com. If the location of the image is given directly i can view the image. But through javascript function if I pass the location of the image to the embed tag src then it is not diplayed.

i have posted the code:

Image Location :

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.    <<Less

Re: How to embed tiff image in JSP page by passing Image location through javascript ?

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 18, 2006 07:36 AM

So you set the value of the embed src attribute. Great. How's the browser supposed to know to go get it and insert it into the page? You either need a page reload (that won't work here) or you need, instead, to modify the DOM of the page to explicitly download the image and insert it into the page. (See "AJAX"). Otherwise, since the page has already loaded by the time you can monkey with the form input, no further action will take place w/o the developer writing additional code to make that happen.
About | Sitemap | Contact