Notification Lost Problem
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   swati_roi
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 10, 2006 06:40 AM

Hi, MBean server is sending a notification to the client.(I can check for that through the log messages.). But the client is not getting the notification. The problem might be that the notifiction is getting lost. My MBeanServer and client are running on different machines. In order to trap the lost notification event I have used the JMXConnector by adding additional RMI connector server on the server side(which needs rmiregistry running on the server side.) and the RMI connector client on the client side. But I am not gtting how exactly the JMXConnectionNotification will be generated. Is it that at runtime whenever the notification is lost the RMI server will    More>>

Hi,

MBean server is sending a notification to the client.(I can check for that through
the log messages.). But the client is not getting the notification. The problem might
be that the notifiction is getting lost. My MBeanServer and client are running on
different machines.

In order to trap the lost notification event I have used the JMXConnector by adding
additional RMI connector server on the server side(which needs rmiregistry running on
the server side.) and the RMI connector client on the client side. But I am not
gtting how exactly the JMXConnectionNotification will be generated.
Is it that at runtime whenever the notification is lost the RMI server will
generate the JMXConnectionNotification and send it to the listener? on this
assumption my code inside the handleNotification methos is as follows -

if(notification instanceof JMXConnectionNotification){
System.out.println("Notification received is connection notification.");

if(notification.getType().equals(JMXConnectionNotification.NOTIFS_LOST)){
System.out.println("Notification lost for the Client. Giving explict call for the notification to the handler.");
//Give explict call to the TesterHandler objects stop method to change the display status.
handler.handleNotification(null,null);
System.out.println("After call to the forcedStop method in the handler object.");
}
}else if(notification instanceof AttributeChangeNotification){
System.out.println("Notification received in the notification client is attribute change notification.");
}

is it correct? If not please provide some link/info for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Swati

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact