dcsimg
Wired Vs Wireless routers
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Abdul_Mufti
Posted On:   Sunday, April 2, 2006 02:02 PM

Hi there, I'm having some problems with my router and was hoping someone could help. Basically, the situation is this: My dad built an off-site office recently and moved his computer which was connected to a wired network (netgear DG814). Now that hes no longer in the area where the wire was originally connected, ive thought of replacing the router with a Wireless one. I was wondering, is there anyway that i could use a wired router and a wireless adaptor to connect my dad's pc to the network, or if anyone knew if i could get a wireless router that allowed three wired pc's to be connected to it and one wireless. Also, could anyone tell me any functionality loss i might encounter with a wireless router along with    More>>

Hi there, I'm having some problems with my router and was hoping someone could help. Basically, the situation is this:

My dad built an off-site office recently and moved his computer which was connected to a wired network (netgear DG814). Now that hes no longer in the area where the wire was originally connected, ive thought of replacing the router with a Wireless one.

I was wondering, is there anyway that i could use a wired router and a wireless adaptor to connect my dad's pc to the network, or if anyone knew if i could get a wireless router that allowed three wired pc's to be connected to it and one wireless.

Also, could anyone tell me any functionality loss i might encounter with a wireless router along with any shortcuts i could use to minimise cost.

Thanks for any help that you can provide

Abdul

<<Less

Re: Wired Vs Wireless routers

Posted By:   Lunkwill_Vroomfondel  
Posted On:   Monday, April 3, 2006 06:59 AM

this has absolutely nothing to do with java.
About | Sitemap | Contact