Viewing the Code Flow, or Class Loading Sequence in Eclipse
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vidur_Krishan
Posted On:   Monday, March 27, 2006 10:51 AM

Hi, I am currently working on some legacy java code which is huge in amount. I was wondering if there is some tool/plugin available which can help in viewing the stack trace during runtime. I mean I am looking for something which can let me see what all methods are being called, which all class have been loaded and in what sequence. I know there are profilers available which can give me this kind of snapshot but those snapshots correspond to an instant of time, and what I am looking for is sequence of the code execution. This will help me a lot as then I can run the java application and execute is various features and at the same time I can look which all methods/classes have been invoked for the requested operation.    More>>

Hi,

I am currently working on some legacy java code which is huge in amount. I was wondering if there is some tool/plugin available which can help in viewing the stack trace during runtime. I mean I am looking for something which can let me see what all methods are being called, which all class have been loaded and in what sequence. I know there are profilers available which can give me this kind of snapshot but those snapshots correspond to an instant of time, and what I am looking for is sequence of the code execution. This will help me a lot as then I can run the java application and execute is various features and at the same time I can look which all methods/classes have been invoked for the requested operation.

A speedy response would be highly appreciated, as I am in urgent need of this.

BR
Vidur    <<Less

Re: Viewing the Code Flow, or Class Loading Sequence in Eclipse

Posted By:   WarnerJan_Veldhuis  
Posted On:   Monday, March 27, 2006 02:42 PM

If you don't want to use a profiler, which in my opinion is the way to go, you vcan start a debug session and set some breakpoints. Once a breakpoint is hit, you can see the call stack and the works.... Still I think a profiler shows the most information
About | Sitemap | Contact