dcsimg
.durable files keep growing in number
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_McCullough
Posted On:   Thursday, March 23, 2006 09:56 PM

Hello, I'm running SwiftMQ 5.2.6 intra VM on JBoss 3.2.6 with MDBs that have durable subscriptions. What I'm noticing is that each time I start and stop JBoss, the number of .durable files in the swiftmq_5_2_6store outer1durables grows by the number of MDBs I have with durable subscriptions. I also see a corresponding increase in the number of queues in the SwiftMQ Explorer app. The .durable files have the following name format: $ .durable So, if my router name is "Store" and the subscription name is "My_Description", I get a file like this: Store12$My_DescriptionStore.durable, where 12 is the sequence number for a particular run o   More>>

Hello,

I'm running SwiftMQ 5.2.6 intra VM on JBoss 3.2.6 with MDBs that have durable subscriptions. What I'm noticing is that each time I start and stop JBoss, the number of .durable files in the swiftmq_5_2_6store
outer1durables grows by the number of MDBs I have with durable subscriptions. I also see a corresponding increase in the number of queues in the SwiftMQ Explorer app.

The .durable files have the following name format:

$ .durable

So, if my router name is "Store" and the subscription name is "My_Description", I get a file like this:

Store12$My_DescriptionStore.durable, where 12 is the sequence number for a particular run of JBoss.

In the explorer app, I see that the number of messages is the same in each of these queues that has the same subscription name.

My question is, why do these names keep changing and if they do how do the messages ever get disposed? Our app (for better or worse) is currently running with messages that never expire.

Thanks.

<<Less

Re: .durable files keep growing in number

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Friday, March 24, 2006 09:46 AM

A durable subscriber consists of a $. What you do is to supply a new client id whenever your JBoss instance starts. That way you never delete the old durable subscriber nor are you able to reconnect to the old one (you would have to have the same clientid and durable name). Hence, a new durable subscriber is created each time and the old durables still exists (and receive messages in their durable subscriber queue).

Look here (Section DURABLE SUBSCRIBER) for a description how durable subscribers work. There's also a description how to delete the old durables via SwiftMQ Explorer.

So either supply the same client id each time you restart JBoss or - if you don't need durable subscriber - just create a non-durable. That way, the subscription ends automatically when the corresponding connection is closed.
About | Sitemap | Contact