i18n of displayed screen in Swing
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aji_Bhaskara
Posted On:   Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:48 PM

I have a Swing application to be internationalized.My requirement is I have to change the language of the displayed screen.In all the screens there will be a combobox listing a number of different languages and country.If the user selects a particular language and a country, all the labels, date and time format should be changed for this particular language for the displayed screen. How can I do this? As my application is a huge one, I have to give a common approach for solving a problem. So my doubt is should I have to create all the existing components in the displayed screen again or I just want to set the Text for    More>>

I have a Swing application to be internationalized.My
requirement is I have to change the language of the
displayed screen.In all the
screens there will be a

combobox listing a number of different languages and

country.If the user selects a particular language and a

country, all the labels, date and time format should be

changed for this particular language for the displayed
screen.

How can I do this? As my application is a huge one, I

have to give a common approach for solving a problem.

So my doubt is should I have to create all the existing

components in the displayed screen again or I just want

to set the Text for the components with the appropriate

language.It is like , if the displayed screen have 30
buttons and 20 labels should I have to call the
setText() for all these components?But how I get the
components on this screen and their resource bundle
key?

Is there any other way in which I can override some
method and calling this method on the container will
call its child components?

Please give a solution...

<<Less

Re: i18n of displayed screen in Swing

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, April 10, 2006 03:13 AM

Dear Professional,

Please go through the new requirement from our client ---

Client: Symantec ---

Job location: Pune ---

Requirement: Coordinate and perform I18N Review Process such as a product design review, coding review and testing review. Provide consultation and support for any I18N related problems / issues that the development groups might have during their development stage. Organize and coordinate (hosting) I18N Test and track their status to complete.----

Role: The following is the list of major roles expected to archive by the group. - Work with the product development group to implement Internationalization (I18N) and Globalization (G11N) features concurrently with the product development cycle. - Develop and maintain Software I18N process to improve the product development from I18N perspective. - Review the product design and review coding to identify I18N design problems or architecture problems as well as make a solution as early as possible. - Provide the I18N coding guideline / engineering guideline to standardize the company wide development from I18N perspectives. - Organize and coordinate (hosting) I18N testing that the development groups are performing to find out I18N problems during the development cycle. - Provide the development groups consultations of I18N problems / issues to solve them timely. - Investigate new technologies from Software I18N perspectives and offer technical consultation to the development groups. - Help the product development group elaborate the I18N infrastructure---

If you are interested please forward your resume to pavan@mutagengroup.com---

Best regards,
Pavan
Mutagen Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd

Re: i18n of displayed screen in Swing

Posted By:   Jani_Kaarela  
Posted On:   Friday, March 24, 2006 03:37 AM

Internationalization Trail in the Java Tutorial could prove itself useful. Also check out Internationalization in the feature guide.

About | Sitemap | Contact