Store Swiftlet backup path with IntraVM
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_McCullough
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 21, 2006 06:31 PM

Hello,
I'm running SwiftMQ 5.2.6 under JBoss via the instructions at http://www.swiftmq.com/developers/howto_jmsintravm_jboss/index.html. I'm noticing that the path attribute in the element under the store swiftlet seems to be being interpreted as relative to the where JBoss was launched (c:jboss-3.2.6 in in my case). Reading the instructions, I would've have thought it would be relative to element in the SwiftMQIntraVMService MBean. What is the correct behavior?

Thanks.

Re: Store Swiftlet backup path with IntraVM

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 22, 2006 03:09 AM

Yes, you are right. It's missing in the docs. It appears that the backup path is relative but in fact it's the only path that is absolute because our guess was that a backup directory usually resides on another disk. The default value is relative to the router's script directory (the default working dir). That's the reason why it works when you start the router from the scripts. If you start the router intraVM, the working dir is that of the JBoss server and so it's based on JBoss' working dir.

We will change it to be a relative path as well. In SwiftMQ 6.0 you can mix relative and absolute paths in the routerconfig.xml. To switch to an absolute path you simply add "absolute:" in front of the path.
About | Sitemap | Contact