stop/kill/cleanup an Oracle Procedure call who died or takes too long time to complete.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Daniel_George
Posted On:   Friday, March 17, 2006 05:44 AM

Hello all. In my code I have a procedure call to an oracle procedure that sometimes dies or takes "forever" to complete. How can I stop that procedure from running (on the Oracle Server). Eg: I have a separate Thread on which I'm running the procedure call, but if it takes too long to complete I want to be able to stop the procedure from running (directly from a java action) (ATTENTION : Not by killing manually(by hand) the process itself on the Oracle app server). In other words, is there an API or some way of performing some kind of cleanup at this level? I tried stopping the java Thread, but the procedure itself is still running on the Oracle server.    More>>

Hello all.

In my code I have a procedure call to an oracle procedure that sometimes dies or takes "forever" to complete.

How can I stop that procedure from running (on the Oracle Server).

Eg:
I have a separate Thread on which I'm running the procedure call, but if it takes too long to complete I want to be able to stop the procedure from running (directly from a java action) (ATTENTION : Not by killing manually(by hand) the process itself on the Oracle app server). In other words, is there an API or some way of performing some kind of cleanup at this level?

I tried stopping the java Thread, but the procedure itself is still running on the Oracle server.

<<Less

Re: stop/kill/cleanup an Oracle Procedure call who died or takes too long time to complete.

Posted By:   ankush_purwar  
Posted On:   Friday, March 17, 2006 03:03 PM

It means you have the safe way for java side but you also want to finish oracle procedure also.

Why not you use some timeout mechanisms ?
About | Sitemap | Contact