Tomcat web access
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aidan_Mulcahy
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:00 AM

Hi,

Could someone answer a simple question for me? Can I use Tomcat as a standalone webserver on Windows 2K?

I downloaded and installed Tomcat 5.5. Deployed an application and everything works fine on the machine. I created a P2P connection to an XP PC wirlessly and the XP machine could open the Tomcat app in the browser.

I then put it onto the web but I cannot access Tomcat from the XP PC. I have changed the port in server.xml but no luck.

So, to re-iterate, do I need Apache or IIS as well or should Tomcat be able to do this itself?

Thanks.

Re: Tomcat web access

Posted By:   Jo_Creyf  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:11 PM

Hi Aidan,

Tomcat works fine as stand alone web and app server.

The default 8080 port was also the first thing that came to my mind when reading your message. When that is set to 80, all should be fine to rock and roll.

Long shot, but can it be that you have some firewall software running on your Win2k machine that blocks network traffic on port 80?

Also, can you access the Tomcat web pages from any other machine?

Posted By:   ankush_purwar  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 14, 2006 02:44 PM

Yes, you can do this.
Are you able to ping your server machine from client machine ?

Posted By:   Joost_Schouten  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:24 PM

I don't know where your problem lies, but it is possible to run Tomcat as a standalone. I have it running on a W2K box on port 80. Once I open my firewall, for the whole world to see ;-).

So check your networksettings I would say.

Cheers,

Joost

About | Sitemap | Contact