Problems with watch/edit in CVS Eclipse plug-in for Eclipse 3.1.0
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 8, 2006 08:54 AM

Hello, Have anyone had a problem with developing with CVS Eclipse plug-in for Eclipse 3.1.0, because I can't perform watch/edit/unedit actions, since they are not enabled in the context menu for each file? I have read the FAQs at the Eclipse home and I have gone to Window > Preferences > Team > CVS > Watch/Edit and mark: [X] Configure projects to use Watch/Edit on checkout When read-only files are modified in an editor: (X) Send a CVS edit notification to the server Before a CVS edit notification is sent to the server: (X) Always prompt I don't know what's happening or doing wrong, or if a need to configurate an external too   More>>

Hello,

Have anyone had a problem with developing with CVS Eclipse plug-in for Eclipse 3.1.0, because I can't perform watch/edit/unedit actions, since they are not enabled in the context menu for each file? I have read the FAQs at the Eclipse home and I have gone to Window > Preferences > Team > CVS > Watch/Edit and mark:

[X] Configure projects to use Watch/Edit on checkout

When read-only files are modified in an editor:

(X) Send a CVS edit notification to the server

Before a CVS edit notification is sent to the server:

(X) Always prompt

I don't know what's happening or doing wrong, or if a need to configurate an external tool, but I can't get the Team > Edit or Team > Unedit options (in the context menu after selecting a file to change) enabled. Moreover never do the editors for a file appear in the Team > Show Editors option.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

<<Less

Re: Problems with watch/edit in CVS Eclipse plug-in for Eclipse 3.1.0

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 8, 2006 10:45 AM

One tip: I think that the Watch/Edit command only can be applied to read-only files, so the real matter is why Eclipse don't checkout files in read-only mode. Does anyone know if there is a config. option to set this up?

Thank you
About | Sitemap | Contact