Ant input task hangs?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alan_Krueger
Posted On:   Thursday, March 2, 2006 05:30 PM

We have an Ant script using an task followed directly by an task. We use this to pause the process to allow the user to perform a manual operation and confirm that it's okay to continue. Unfortunately, the doesn't trigger right away. We've found that we reliably have to hold down the ENTER key and allow it to auto-repeat for a few seconds before the task finishes and continues. The Ant target looks basically like this: Press ENTER: Continuing... I've tried typing text, too, but it still seems to require choking it with ENTERs to get it to move on. Any suggestions on what's causing this behavior?    More>>

We have an Ant script using an task followed directly by an task. We use this to pause the process to allow the user to perform a manual operation and confirm that it's okay to continue.

Unfortunately, the doesn't trigger right away. We've found that we reliably have to hold down the ENTER key and allow it to auto-repeat for a few seconds before the task finishes and continues.

The Ant target looks basically like this:

Press ENTER:
Continuing...

I've tried typing text, too, but it still seems to require choking it with ENTERs to get it to move on. Any suggestions on what's causing this behavior?

<<Less

Re: Ant input task hangs?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, March 3, 2006 07:50 AM

Mmmh ... works for me...

Have you thought about a build without any user interaction? Can your buildfile handle that? What does the USER have to do while Ant is waiting on ?

About | Sitemap | Contact