Javax Print API
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   PREM_BHAZEEN
Posted On:   Sunday, February 19, 2006 07:12 PM

Hi I have aquestion regarding the Printservice set up. I am assuming that the following line of code Object value =service.getDefaultAttributeValue(Sides.class); will give the default setting for the sides in my case it is giving ONE-SIDED. But if I want to print it as TWO_SIDED_LONG_EDGE or Duplex I believe that I can use PrintRequestAttributeSet attributes = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet( ); attributes.add(Sides.DUPLEX); printprocess(printerName,FileName,attributes); This method takes care of Duplex printing. My question is that when this print job is sent to the printer with attribute as Duplex will it change the current setti   More>>

Hi

I have aquestion regarding the Printservice set up. I am assuming that
the following line of code

Object value =service.getDefaultAttributeValue(Sides.class);

will give the default setting for the sides in my case it is giving ONE-SIDED. But if I want to print it as TWO_SIDED_LONG_EDGE or Duplex I believe that I can use

PrintRequestAttributeSet attributes = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet( );
attributes.add(Sides.DUPLEX);

printprocess(printerName,FileName,attributes);

This method takes care of Duplex printing.

My question is that when this print job is sent to the printer with attribute as Duplex will it change the current setting of the printer in this case(ONE-SIDED) to TWO_SIDED_LONG_EDGE or it just sends a snapshot of the Duplex attribute to the printer. After printing in Duplex will the printer automatically change to the DefaultAttributValue(ONE-SIDED) or the program has to set the printer back to DefaultAttributValue in this case back to ONE-SIDED.

Thanks in advance
Bhaz    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact