Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   RAM_KIRAN
Posted On:   Friday, February 17, 2006 02:41 AM

CAN WE USE MORE THAN 1 PROFILE AT A TIME IN J2ME

Re: CAN WE USE MORE THAN 1 PROFILE AT A TIME IN J2ME

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, March 9, 2006 02:20 PM

If you write an application for MIDP 1.0 it shall run also on a MIDP 2.0 phone. You can also sense in your application what MIDP profile the phone supports, and adapt that way.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 21, 2006 07:31 PM

Hi,
I think the use of more than one Profile at the same time shouldn't be a problem. One example is the use of the Personal Profile (in combination with the Connected Device Configuration CDC). The Personal Profile is a superset of the Personal Basis Profile and this is again a superset of the Foundation Profile. Therefore, when you use the PP you use quasi three profiles at the same time.
If you have the wish for more functionality you can also add aditional classes (optional classes) to your configuration. But I'm quite new to the J2ME platform and therefore I'm not very sure if my answer is completely correct..
Anyway I hope that I was able to help you...
Greetings Tristan

Posted By:   WarnerJan_Veldhuis  
Posted On:   Friday, February 17, 2006 03:23 AM

You should really try *not* to use upper case for everything. The only special treatment you get for that is people telling you you shouldn't use upper case for everything. It's assumed to be shouting, which is rude, and that is most likely *not* getting your problem solved.
About | Sitemap | Contact