Career shift from XML to SCJP??!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mini_K
Posted On:   Sunday, February 12, 2006 07:22 PM

I am a fresher who recently got a job and I am working with XML(not much into development). I was trying for a job in Java but didnt get any job. Right now, I am working as well as joined a computer institute for Java and will be appearing for SCJP in the mid of April. I wanted to know that do you think there could be any scope for me after I clear the exam? As I mentoned earlier, I am not into the development aspect of XML but I am working just to get some experience( and not have any negative mark on my resume of being jobless for a long time). I want to specialize in Web applications using Java and XML. I feel that after my SCJP exam, my work experience (in XML) and the certification will add value to my resume and help me find a better   More>>

I am a fresher who recently got a job and I am working with XML(not much into development). I was trying for a job in Java but didnt get any job. Right now, I am working as well as joined a computer institute for Java and will be appearing for SCJP in the mid of April.

I wanted to know that do you think there could be any scope for me after I clear the exam? As I mentoned earlier, I am not into the development aspect of XML but I am working just to get some experience( and not have any negative mark on my resume of being jobless for a long time).

I want to specialize in Web applications using Java and XML. I feel that after my SCJP exam, my work experience (in XML) and the certification will add value to my resume and help me find a better job.

Will I get a job in Java field or will I have to apply as a fresher after my SCJP exam? Also, Is there any scope for applying aboard? Please suggest me on my question as well as on my decision about working with XML and pursuing for SCJP.

<<Less

Re: Career shift from XML to SCJP??!

Posted By:   WarnerJan_Veldhuis  
Posted On:   Monday, February 13, 2006 03:13 AM

Well, XML is a nice invention, but don't get too carried away.... I have seen projects where there was soo much XML that was changed and not shared in some way, that it should have been in a database.

An old Chinese wise man once said: "If you can handle a hammer, don't look at everything as a nail". It's brilliant: if you know XML, don't start throwing XML at everything...

IMO, XML is not a career, it's a tool that has to be applied carefully. Exchanging data with XML is a good idea(ie. SOAP). Storing images as BASE64 is not...

Specializing in Java Web applications is a good thing. Specializing in Java in general is an even better idea :). Don't keep staring at XML as the future, it's only a tool, not a lifestyle...
About | Sitemap | Contact