Problem with Java Pop-up, works in Firefox but not IE
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kevin_Plumb
Posted On:   Saturday, February 11, 2006 04:58 PM

Hi, I am re-doing a web site for a client and he wants to have a form on his home page so that visitors can be added to a data base and receive an email newsletter. Typically for a small client I use freeautobot.com, it is free, now has a double opt-in mechanism and only adds a few lines of ads at the end of any email that can be "hidden" by adding a few returns at the end of the message. Once the visitor enters their information and clicks "submit" they are redirected to a confirmation page that has a "back" button to return them to where they came from. With this site we want to have the confirmation page pop-up in a small separate window. I found thi   More>>

Hi,

I am re-doing a web site for a client and he wants to have a form on his home page so that visitors can be added to a data base and receive an email newsletter.

Typically for a small client I use freeautobot.com, it is free, now has a double opt-in mechanism and only adds a few lines of ads at the end of any email that can be "hidden" by adding a few returns at the end of the message.

Once the visitor enters their information and clicks "submit" they are redirected to a confirmation page that has a "back" button to return them to where they came from. With this site we want to have the confirmation page pop-up in a small separate window.

I found this post on the outfront.net forum, http://www.frontpagewebmaster.com/m-85760/key-form%252Cpop/tm.htm#85760
that described what I wanted to do. I have got this to work with Firefox beautifully but when I try the form in Internet Explorer the confirmation page does not pop-up but is displayed in the same window as the form.

I only know enough about Java to copy and paste and am at a loss as to how to get the form confirmation pop-up work in IE. I have tried everything I can think of (which admittedly is not much) to get it to work.

Can someone offer any suggestions please? Here is a link to just the form, try it in Firefox to see the effect we are after. Link: http://lindasflowersbyphone.co.uk/nlhc2/form.htm

Thanks!

<<Less

Re: Problem with Java Pop-up, works in Firefox but not IE

Posted By:   Michael_Lowden  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 14, 2006 01:16 PM

hey, i had this exact issue last week. try removing the "windowName" variable from the window.open.

so it looks like:

hope that works for ya.
About | Sitemap | Contact