dcsimg
Navigation goes into an infinite loop
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Colin_Mackay
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 8, 2006 08:41 AM

I'm a wee bit confused by this as I'm obviously missing something, but I can't figure out what. BTW, I'm new to both JSF and Java, so any other pointers would be good if I'm obviously going about things the wrong way. I have a button on a page: that calls a method: public String goToNewMeetingAction() { // Set the session meeting to null, so the edit meeting page // shows an empty meeting. setSessionMeeting(null); return "editMeeting"; } The faces-config.xml has the navigation rule set up: /homepage.jsp editMeeting editMeeting.jsp However, when I click the "New" button on the homepage   More>>

I'm a wee bit confused by this as I'm obviously missing something, but I can't figure out what. BTW, I'm new to both JSF and Java, so any other pointers would be good if I'm obviously going about things the wrong way.

I have a button on a page:

that calls a method:
			public String goToNewMeetingAction()

{
// Set the session meeting to null, so the edit meeting page
// shows an empty meeting.
setSessionMeeting(null);
return "editMeeting";
}

The faces-config.xml has the navigation rule set up:

/homepage.jsp

editMeeting
editMeeting.jsp

However, when I click the "New" button on the homepage.jsp I can step into the goToNewMeetingAction() method and it performs properly, however, I then get taken back into it again, and again, and so on. I'm not sure where this infinite loop came from. How do I stop it and actually navigate to the editMeeting.jsp page?    <<Less

Re: Navigation goes into an infinite loop

Posted By:   Colin_Mackay  
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 8, 2006 08:46 AM

Doh!!! I've just figured it out. In the faces-config.xml I missed the leading slash in the to-view-id element. It should have been:
/editMeeting.jsp
About | Sitemap | Contact