Double-click events between views....I'm completely stuck
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:43 AM

Can anyone PLEASE HELP!! Here's what I'm trying to do: I have two eclipse views. One view is basically an treeviewer which shows the folder structure starting from the folder I specified. The other view contains a drawing canvas. Basically, I need to find a way for the canvas view to be able to listen to double-clicks from the treeviewer view. I cannot find any examples on how to do this. It is very easy to set up a IDoubleClickListener for the tree, but there is no way for me to get another view to listen for a double-click on the tree. There is the selection listener, but I can only use that for selections, there doesn't seem to be a way for it to detect double-clicks. So in a nutshell, when a user double clicks   More>>

Can anyone PLEASE HELP!! Here's what I'm trying to do: I have two eclipse views. One view is basically an treeviewer which shows the folder structure starting from the folder I specified. The other view contains a drawing canvas.

Basically, I need to find a way for the canvas view to be able to listen to double-clicks from the treeviewer view. I cannot find any examples on how to do this. It is very easy to set up a IDoubleClickListener for the tree, but there is no way for me to get another view to listen for a double-click on the tree. There is the selection listener, but I can only use that for selections, there doesn't seem to be a way for it to detect double-clicks.

So in a nutshell, when a user double clicks on a file in the tree, I want the canvas view to detect the double-click, get the file which was double-clicked, read it, parse it, etc... But I cannot figure out how to get my canvas view to listen for double-clicks on the treeviewer.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact