Using EJBs for everything?????
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 24, 2006 05:02 AM

Hi All, I am planning to develop a new EJB application and decided that most of the business logic is handled by EJBs. There are a few functionalities which do not REALLY require any of the services provided by the EJB container. They are simple and straight forward and could be done using JavaBeans. For example, user registration. Now the questions I have are: 1. Is it good design if I use EJBs for some functionality and ordinary java classes for others? 2. If I use EJBs for everything, would it REALLY impact the application performance? Please give me your suggestions regarding this. Thanks in advance, Satish    More>>

Hi All,

I am planning to develop a new EJB application and decided that most of the business logic is handled by EJBs.

There are a few functionalities which do not REALLY require any of the services provided by the EJB container. They are simple and straight forward and could be done using JavaBeans. For example, user registration.

Now the questions I have are:

1. Is it good design if I use EJBs for some functionality and ordinary java classes for others?

2. If I use EJBs for everything, would it REALLY impact the application performance?

Please give me your suggestions regarding this.

Thanks in advance,

Satish

<<Less

Re: Using EJBs for everything?????

Posted By:   ankush_purwar  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 24, 2006 01:44 PM

What container offers for you and what are the services provided by container, you actually requires in your project ??
Probably then you will be able to decide whether to use EJB or not .

No Doubt about the fact that you will loose the performance if you are using EJB's. But the question is how much and what you are the extra getting by using EJB's.

Hope you understands now.
About | Sitemap | Contact