Java/PHP Competing for MySql Access
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mike_Gunn
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 17, 2006 03:13 PM

I am working on a MySql-driven website with Java servlets (under Tomcat) and PHP applications both accessing the same database. Currently the software in both applications is under development so there is very little in the way of actual database transactions, however, someone has suggested that they have seen Tomcat hang and they attribute this to competing with PHP for database access. My understanding of MySql indicates it is robust and can handle these multiple accesses without a problem. I would appreciate any comments on the problems that you may have seen in this environment. Thanks, Mike    More>>

I am working on a MySql-driven website with Java servlets (under Tomcat) and PHP applications both accessing the same database. Currently the software in both applications is under development so there is very little in the way of actual database transactions, however, someone has suggested that they have seen Tomcat hang and they attribute this to competing with PHP for database access.

My understanding of MySql indicates it is robust and can handle these multiple accesses without a problem.

I would appreciate any comments on the problems that you may have seen in this environment.

Thanks,

Mike

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact