IMAP folder creation problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Daniel_Hajduch
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 17, 2006 07:02 AM

Hello, I try to create the new folder on server, but the new created folders via JavaMail are invisible for the clients like Thunderbird, Outlook, etc. Can somebody help me? Below is the code, which I use for folder creation. String newFolder = "INBOX/TestFolder" Folder imapFolder = store.getFolder(newFolder); if(imapFolder.exists()) { status = 0; } else if(imapFolder.create(Folder.READ_WRITE | Folder.HOLDS_FOLDERS | Folder.HOLDS_MESSAGES)) { Folder[] folders = imapFolder.getParent().list(); for(int i = 0; i < folders.length; i++) { folders[i].open(Folder.READ_ONLY); System.out.println(folders[i].getURLName().toString()    More>>

Hello,

I try to create the new folder on server, but the new created folders via JavaMail are invisible for the clients like Thunderbird, Outlook, etc. Can somebody help me? Below is the code, which I use for folder creation.

String newFolder = "INBOX/TestFolder"
Folder imapFolder = store.getFolder(newFolder);
if(imapFolder.exists()) {
status = 0;
}
else if(imapFolder.create(Folder.READ_WRITE | Folder.HOLDS_FOLDERS | Folder.HOLDS_MESSAGES)) {
Folder[] folders = imapFolder.getParent().list();
for(int i = 0; i < folders.length; i++) {
folders[i].open(Folder.READ_ONLY);
System.out.println(folders[i].getURLName().toString() + " type=" + folders[i].getType() + " mode=" + folders[i].getMode());
folders[i].close(false);
}
status = 1;
}

<<Less

Re: IMAP folder creation problem

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, January 21, 2006 04:43 PM

Do the other clients maybe have to restart, or reconnect to the server, to be able to see the new folders? (maybe they only get the list of available folders, when they first connect?)
About | Sitemap | Contact