dcsimg
tomcat-file-dir-access.txt
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   umesh_rawar
Posted On:   Monday, January 9, 2006 01:47 PM

Hi, I need help to solve the following issue. app1 is my web App with following stucture webapps/app1 webapps/app1/docs webapps/app1/images I have a login.jsp located in webapps/app1/login.jsp. User will login to the app1 apps by using url E.g. www.myname.com/app1/login.jsp And then the can access the docs under webapps/app1/docs also they can access images under webapps/app1/images. Now if I am not a authorized user and if I type www.myname.com/app1/docs I am getting a listing of docs dir If I type (In MS-Internet Explorer) www.myname.com/app1/images, I am getting a listing of images dir How to avaid this? Please help   More>>

Hi,

I need help to solve the following issue.

app1 is my web App with following stucture
webapps/app1
webapps/app1/docs
webapps/app1/images

I have a login.jsp located in webapps/app1/login.jsp.

User will login to the app1 apps by using url
E.g. www.myname.com/app1/login.jsp

And then the can access the docs under webapps/app1/docs also they can access images under webapps/app1/images.

Now if I am not a authorized user and if I type
www.myname.com/app1/docs I am getting a listing of docs dir

If I type (In MS-Internet Explorer) www.myname.com/app1/images, I am getting a listing of images dir

How to avaid this? Please help.

When I type (In MS-Internet Explorer) www.myname.com/app1/images or www.myname.com/app1/docs I should get some error message from tomocat.

This apps is on Linux and it's a Tomcat/Apache. I have a simillar set up on Windows. It does not work on Windows either.

Under /conf/web.xml, I changed the listing to false (as follows)

org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet

debug

listings
false

Thanks
Rawar.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact