dcsimg
ANT CVS source code information
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   deepak_khanna
Posted On:   Sunday, December 25, 2005 11:07 PM

I wanted to get an information that will support the concept of exactly determining which files, and which specific versions of these files, make up a specific version of a product and a project.

My project is in CVS and ANT files. Now what I want is that, after creating build how do I know what versions of a files (included in build). One way is to use RCS keywords. But currently our source code does not support this. Are there any other ways.

Re: ANT CVS source code information

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, December 26, 2005 02:07 PM

I think it's too late, "after creating build", if you don't have the CVS keywords in the files. (even then, to find the keywords in compiled .class files, you'd need $version$ etc. expanded in Strings, not just in comments)

So I think you need to do something before the build process, or at the start of it, etc.

In fact perhaps checkout time is the best time, to note what revision number is being checked out for each file, and you record those, for all the files you use in your build, in your own version manifest summary or something.

Even then, remember anyone can use "cvs admin", "cvs tag" etc. to change the revision numbers for an individual source file, after you've checked it out already, so the revision number you have may not be correct in the cvs "vaultfile" in the repository, anymore.
About | Sitemap | Contact