Deploying JSF Test App Error JspException: Cannot find FacesContext
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jim_ascroft
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 21, 2005 06:31 PM

Hi All, I am trying to deploy a test application that uses JSF. I can get to the page --http://localhost:8080/ResinTest . The .war file being deployed as I expected but when I click to navigate to the JSP page I get the following error : javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find FacesContext Is this a missing JSF library issue ? My web host uses Resin 2.1.16. The application runs on the bundled pointbase server that comes with Java Studio Creator 2 Any help would be greatly recieved. Rest of error message below.. Jim Ascroft at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:405) Is this a missing JSF libra   More>>

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy a test application that uses JSF. I can get to the page --http://localhost:8080/ResinTest . The .war file being deployed as I expected but when I click to navigate to the JSP page I get the following error :

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find FacesContext

Is this a missing JSF library issue ? My web host uses Resin 2.1.16.

The application runs on the bundled pointbase server that comes with Java Studio Creator 2

Any help would be greatly recieved.

Rest of error message below..

Jim Ascroft

at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:405)

Is this a missing JSF library issue ? My web host uses Resin 2.1.16

<<Less

Re: Deploying JSF Test App Error JspException: Cannot find FacesContext

Posted By:   Marcos_Pereira  
Posted On:   Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:10 PM

buddy, i had the same error, the solution was to include jars in the lib directory, below follow the list of necessary jars:

el-api.jar

commons-digester.jar

jstl.jar

jsf-api.jar

el-ri.jar

commons-collection.jar

jsf-impl.jar

commons-beanutils.jar

commons-logging.jar

standard.jar

jsf-facelets.jar
About | Sitemap | Contact