.do files in "Temporary Internet Files"
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   leena_rane
Posted On:   Thursday, December 15, 2005 04:02 PM

In my project We are facing a problem that on some testers' machine the browser cahing problem exists even though we have no browser caching used through application and also we have used no-cache tag in out JSPs. Now on some machines we find .DO files in "Temporary Internet Files". I find it auckward. What are they? And what are they doing in "Temporary Internet Files" ? And are they causing browser caching? In "Temporary Internet Files" i can see an expiry date for them under Expires column Thanx, Wud appreciate any help provided, This is little urgent, plz comment on this    More>>

In my project We are facing a problem that on some testers'
machine the browser cahing problem exists even though we have no browser caching used through application and also we have used no-cache tag in out JSPs.

Now on some machines we find .DO files in "Temporary Internet Files". I find it auckward. What are they? And what are they doing in "Temporary Internet Files" ?

And are they causing browser caching?

In "Temporary Internet Files" i can see an expiry date for them under Expires column

Thanx,
Wud appreciate any help provided,
This is little urgent, plz comment on this

<<Less

Re: .do files in "Temporary Internet Files"

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, December 24, 2005 06:39 PM

Presumably if you examine the content of your .do files, you will see they are the html rendered in the response from your Struts Actions (hopefully from the jsp's that you forward to, upon success of the actions). Or if not from your own Struts Actions, then they're from browsing someone else's Struts-based web application.

Perhaps you're not completely setting all the response headers needed to fully disable cacheing in the browser. I've seen lots of examples that set 3 different headers just to make sure, covering all idiosyncratic browsers.
About | Sitemap | Contact