The "open" option in the file download dialog opens the file in the same window.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Madhura_Manjunath
Posted On:   Thursday, December 1, 2005 11:28 PM

I am exporting an excel file. From the action class I am setting content type and header as follows: response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel"); response.setHeader("Content-Type","application/vnd.ms-excel"); The file download dialog pops up and if i click on open The generated file opens in the same window. Is there a possible way to force it to open in a new window? I have tried this on different versions of the Internet browser.Few versions automatically open in a new window while others open in the same window. I have also matched the internet options of the browsers, still having the same problem.Any solutions?    More>>

I am exporting an excel file. From the action class I am setting content type and header as follows:

response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");

response.setHeader("Content-Type","application/vnd.ms-excel");

The file download dialog pops up and if i click on open The generated file opens in the same window. Is there a possible way to force it to open in a new window?

I have tried this on different versions of the Internet browser.Few versions automatically open in a new window while others open in the same window.

I have also matched the internet options of the browsers, still having the same problem.Any solutions?

<<Less

Re: The "open" option in the file download dialog opens the file in the same window.

Posted By:   alan_do  
Posted On:   Friday, December 2, 2005 11:30 AM

htm:form action='myAction' target="_blank" ...
About | Sitemap | Contact