problem with listfiles() in jsp (tomcat)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Faissal_L
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 29, 2005 06:32 AM

hello. -- using jdk 1.5 tomcat 5.5.7 win2000 server OR win2000 workstation log in as admin simple listFiles() script service (tomcat) interacts with desktop (checked) -- i have a strange problem. i use a simple listfiles script, first to show the drive letters (.listRoots()) and then by param the content of the drive/folder (e.g. c: or d:myfolderetc...) when i use now the prompt (java myCalss.class) its working good on both: win2000 server and workstation. all drives and folders are listed. but using this class in an webapp-folder of the tomcat (using a local jsp site), it works only on the 2000 workstation. when i us   More>>

hello.

--

using jdk 1.5

tomcat 5.5.7

win2000 server OR win2000 workstation

simple listFiles() script

service (tomcat) interacts with desktop (checked)

--

i have a strange problem. i use a simple listfiles script, first to show the drive letters (.listRoots()) and then by param the content of the drive/folder (e.g. c: or d:myfolderetc...)

when i use now the prompt (java myCalss.class) its working good on both: win2000 server and workstation. all drives and folders are listed. but using this class in an webapp-folder of the tomcat (using a local jsp site), it works only on the 2000 workstation. when i use the same tomcat version and the same class on the win2000 server, something strange happens:

giving only a drive letter as param to my class(e.g. c: or d: or e: etc. nothing (also no exception!) is displayed on the local jsp site. BUT if i add to my param an existing folder (e.g. c:winnt or d:program files) my jsp site lists all content i need.

can anyone explain whats wrong? if it has something to do with userpolicy, the script also wouldn't work, giving to the class params like c:winnt . and on the workstation there are no problems, neither simple class (prompt) nor the tomcat (same class in jsp)

thanks & best regards

faissal

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact