dcsimg
Two questions about Eclipse RCP.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gama_Franco
Posted On:   Thursday, November 17, 2005 05:48 AM

Hello, I'm developing an RCP application, and I have two simple questions. In several tutorials I've noticed that some entries have the value of the attribute 'name' starting with a '%'. For example: name="%categoryName" id="org.eclipse.ui.tutorials.part1.viewCategory" I suppose this has something to do with i18n, but I don't know how it works. Question number two is a bit more complicated. I've made a wizard that helps the user in the creation of a database connection. I would like to make the wizard available at the entry File->New. I don't know which extension point should I use. Currently I'm using point="org.   More>>

Hello,

I'm developing an RCP application, and I have two simple questions.

In several tutorials I've noticed that some entries have the value of the attribute 'name' starting with a '%'.

For example:

name="%categoryName"
id="org.eclipse.ui.tutorials.part1.viewCategory"

I suppose this has something to do with i18n, but I don't know how it works.

Question number two is a bit more complicated. I've made a wizard that helps the user in the creation of a database connection. I would like to make the wizard available at the entry File->New. I don't know which extension point should I use. Currently I'm using point="org.eclipse.ui.newWizards", and the wizard becomes available at File->Others instead of File->New.

Thanks in advance,
Gama Franco

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact