dcsimg
Dynamic Classloading and Reflection
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aruna_Sharma
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 1, 2005 01:55 PM

I have a design dilemma that concerns URL Classloading and using reflection. I am working with an API that has been published as a web service. For clients to use the API, a few jar files have to be dropped in the client's classpath. For a new version of the API, I want to explore the idea of the client loading a class's object over the wire (URL Classloading) and using Java's Reflection API to introspect the object. This way the client does not need interface or implementation jars in its classpath. And no new jars will have to be distributed with every change to the API (as long as it is backward compatible). I know this is technically do-able, but is this is the right approa   More>>

I have a design dilemma that concerns URL Classloading and using reflection.

I am working with an API that has been published as a web service. For clients to use the API, a few jar files have to be dropped in the client's classpath.

For a new version of the API, I want to explore the idea of the client loading a class's object over the wire (URL Classloading) and using Java's Reflection API to introspect the object.

This way the client does not need interface or implementation jars in its classpath. And no new jars will have to be distributed with every change to the API (as long as it is backward compatible).

I know this is technically do-able, but is this is the right approach to take when you have a frequently changing API or is it too much to expect clients to use reflection to use an API.

Thanks,

Aruna

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact