Update Application GUI with new components (JButton)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ogert_Bokambo
Posted On:   Thursday, September 29, 2005 08:14 PM

Hello, I`ve got some data saved in a DB. The data is easaly reached and written to the console. Though, I want it shown Graphical. I`m trying to write an application that shows each year represented with a JButton named(2003,2004,2005...). When the user clicks on a buttton the GUI is supposed to be dynamically updated with all weeks of this specific year, each represented with its own button named(1,2,3,...,52). The problem is that the GUI doesn`t update until I`m resizing the box by dragging it. I`ve tried: repaint(); Thread(); If anyone has had the same problem and maybe has a sloution, I would be thrilled if you could let me know.    More>>

Hello,
I`ve got some data saved in a DB. The data is easaly reached and written to the console. Though, I want it shown Graphical.

I`m trying to write an application that shows each year represented with a JButton named(2003,2004,2005...). When the user clicks on a buttton the GUI is supposed to be dynamically updated with all weeks of this specific year, each represented with its own button named(1,2,3,...,52).

The problem is that the GUI doesn`t update until I`m resizing the box by dragging it.

I`ve tried:

repaint();

Thread();

If anyone has had the same problem and maybe has a sloution, I would be thrilled if you could let me know.

YS

Ogert

<<Less

Re: Update Application GUI with new components (JButton)

Posted By:   Almagest_FUTT  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 29, 2005 09:02 PM

Call validate() on the parent container.
About | Sitemap | Contact