Jasper reports with struts
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:26 AM

Hi, I am using struts,ejb as mvc model(Strictly following MVC rules and also using BussinessDelegate- Session Facade Pattrens) in my applications.For generating reports I am using Vectors where struts jsp iterate this collection.For hundreds of records I have no problems.I am printing these reports using javascripts window.print.When Number of records increased(Lets us say 2000 records) generating report is not a problem for me.When I click print button IE browser taking all cpu memory resources and it was hanged up to 1 hr.Then I decided to use Jasper Reports . But in this, query preperations has to make in presentaion side(i.e, all files has to place in web content).Does this mean violating the mvc rules ? Any solution Please help me.And also y IE is not capable of p   More>>

Hi, I am using struts,ejb as mvc model(Strictly following MVC rules and also using BussinessDelegate- Session Facade Pattrens) in my applications.For generating reports I am using Vectors where struts jsp iterate this collection.For hundreds of records I have no problems.I am printing these reports using javascripts window.print.When Number of records increased(Lets us say 2000 records) generating report is not a problem for me.When I click print button IE browser taking all cpu memory resources and it was hanged up to 1 hr.Then I decided to use Jasper Reports . But in this, query preperations has to make in presentaion side(i.e, all files has to place in web content).Does this mean violating the mvc rules ? Any solution Please help me.And also y IE is not capable of printing 2000 records on a page?

<<Less

Re: Jasper reports with struts

Posted By:   alan_do  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 28, 2005 08:31 AM

have you tried this on firefox or other browsers? there may be a page size limit, but not # or records limit.
About | Sitemap | Contact