dcsimg
Tomcat mysql Connection Error
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Colin_Daly
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 13, 2005 09:07 AM

I know this question has been ask and answered by many different people many different times but I can't get any of the given answers to fix my problem. I have been trying to redevelop my JSP database code and use the JSTL library which JSP 2.0 now offers. However, I have been having trouble getting Tomcat to load and find the mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar file. I have deployed my application with mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar in both [Tomcat]/common/lib/ and application/WEB-INF/lib/, also with the file only in either [Tomcat]/common/lib/ or application/WEB-INF/lib/. No matter what combination I do I am getting the same error: javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to get connection, DataSource in   More>>

I know this question has been ask and answered by many different people many different times but I can't get any of the given answers to fix my problem. I have been trying to redevelop my JSP database code and use the JSTL library which JSP 2.0 now offers. However, I have been having trouble getting Tomcat to load and find the mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar file.

I have deployed my application with mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar in both [Tomcat]/common/lib/ and application/WEB-INF/lib/, also with the file only in either [Tomcat]/common/lib/ or application/WEB-INF/lib/. No matter what combination I do I am getting the same error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'" org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:682) org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:77) org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:320) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:293) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

However, because of the setup in my office I have not restarted my Tomcat server through all of this. I can do it I will just have to get the necessary clearance. But before I do could that non-restart even be a problem? Thanks in advance!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact