dcsimg
'Simple' Javac Problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sam_White
Posted On:   Friday, September 9, 2005 01:13 PM

Hi there, I am new to eclipse and i am having some amatuer problems. when i "Javac" my files through the command line, i get the message "'Javac' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". Through google searches i have been informed to type the command "expand C:WindowsI386autoexec.nt_ C:Windowssystem32autoexec.nt". However this only leads to "Can't open input file: c:windowsi386autoexec.nt_". Through another source i was told i need to "write a path to my bin file" and unless i am doing this wrong it does not work. Please could you get back to me as soon as you can to the following address: whitestripe69@hotmail.co.uk Your help and advice will be   More>>

Hi there,
I am new to eclipse and i am having some amatuer problems. when i "Javac" my files through the command line, i get the message "'Javac' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". Through google searches i have been informed to type the command "expand C:WindowsI386autoexec.nt_ C:Windowssystem32autoexec.nt". However this only leads to "Can't open input file: c:windowsi386autoexec.nt_". Through another source i was told i need to "write a path to my bin file" and unless i am doing this wrong it does not work. Please could you get back to me as soon as you can to the following address:
whitestripe69@hotmail.co.uk
Your help and advice will be much appreciated, thankyou for your time.

<<Less

Re: 'Simple' Javac Problem

Posted By:   Alok_Rai  
Posted On:   Friday, September 9, 2005 05:29 PM

Hi!

Second Advice was correct. You need to update PATH on your
system. Find Java home directory and inside that you should have a folder named "bin" use following command to set path

set path=%path%;

javabinfolder: is the complete path to the bin folder.

I guess this wil help you

Thanks,

Alok
About | Sitemap | Contact