dcsimg
Problems with CVS in eclipse
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ben_McCarthy
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 7, 2005 07:01 AM

When i perform a commit via eclipse using the team menu, the code on the server does not update. THe server is using cvsnt as its repositry manager. I installed tourtoise as well, so at the moment im using tourtoise to issue a update on the actual code and that updates the source, why isnt the commit in eclipse updating the code on the server?

Re: Problems with CVS in eclipse

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, September 10, 2005 04:16 PM

When you commit to the CVS repository, using the Team support in Eclipse, any other local workspaces with copies of the same CVS module must do "cvs update" afterwards, in order to pick up your changes.

I presume that's what you mean? you are connecting either via a "pserver" or remote "ssh"/"rsh" from your Eclipse CVS Team perspective, to a CVS pserver or to a remote host ssh where the CVS repository is locally kept.

If you are not getting error messages, then this is succeeding.

Then are you saying that there is another "server" where there is another checked-out copy in a local workspace there, of the same CVS module?

If so, someone has to do the corresponding "cvs update" on that machine in that workspace directory, in order for it to pick up the changes that you committed to the repository.
About | Sitemap | Contact